Monday, May 18, 2009

Outside Reading #3

"As I stared at his too beautiful face, trying to understand the change, it suddenly struck me that I was really here, in Edward’s arms." (Meyer 488)
I like this quote because it tells you how Bella is living in the moment. In real life, people spend their lives stressing for tests, interviews, taxes, everything that they have to do in the future. This isn't necesairly bad, but if you spend your entire life worrying, then you're just wasting it away and not taking the time to truly enjoy life. I prefer to live in the moment, and not take every moment for granted. If i am able to forget about that huge test i have next week, and relax and have a good time for a couple hours, I am in a happier mood, and i feel better that i am living everyday to its fullest. We only have a short time to live our lives, so why not try and make it the best you can? I don't think worrying about what i have the next morning, week, or month. It just brings everything down. I like that Bella is soaking up all the happiness she can, instead of wondering when he will be gone again, or how long she has with him. She's just trying to make it as good as it can possibly be.

1 comment:

Ms. Roehl said...

Nice job getting to the thematic level in your posts.